Visiting the MHS During COVID-19
By entering our building, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. The health and safety of our staff and visitors is our priority. Thank you for your support in following our COVID-19 protocols.
Our exhibition galleries are open Monday through Friday, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Visit our event calendar for information on in-person programming. The library is open by appointment only. Please go to our Appointment Request Form to select your preferred visit dates.
Until further notice, all visitors to the MHS must:
- Provide proof of vaccination (physical card, digital image of card, or digital card such as COVID-19 SMART Health Card). All eligible people entering the building must be optimally protected. As of 1 February 2022, this includes receiving an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccination along with a follow-up booster.
- Wear a well-fitted mask covering the nose and mouth for the duration of your visit.
- Follow Boston city guidelines for events that offer food and drink. Please note that food and drink are not allowed in galleries or program space.
- Maintain social distance from others whenever possible.
- Monitor your health before entering the building. Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer yes to any, please postpone your visit.
- Are you currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough that is not due to other known cause, chills, new loss of taste/smell, and/or difficulty breathing)?
- Have you recently had contact with anyone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- Have you been in a setting where the risk of COVID-19 transmission may be high?
- Have you been asked to quarantine or self-isolate by a medical or public health professional?
Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe.
Cleaning and Sanitation at 1154 Boylston Street
Our building is frequently cleaned and sanitized. Hand sanitizer is always available in public spaces. We continuously monitor our air filter and HVAC systems.